Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waggin' Wednesdays- the BARKtender's Guide to Dogtails and Pupcakes!

Hey guys!
Today I'm introducing a new segment that I hope will take off. I'm calling it Waggin' Wednesdays! Every wednesday I will review a pet food, treat or product, so feel free to send me your suggestions. I will only recommend products that I have personally used and approve of, and let me tell you that is one tall order. I choose only the best when it comes to my dogs, as I am sure all of you strive to do too. When I review a product I consider its safety, ease of use, cost, how effective it is and how it will benefit my dog.

Today I'm reviewing a book called the BARKtender's Guide to Dogtails and Pupcakes by Elizabeth Dodwell. This book is clearly a labor of love and a unique idea that I really enjoyed. I had my veterinarian look over some of the recipes and he said that everything appeared to be safe for most dogs, and I trust his judgement. Of course dogs with specific food allergies may need some of the recipes modified, so you should always use your best judgement for your dog. I made several of the dog-friendly cocktails and treats for my dogs and they LOVED them. Out of the four dogs we had as taste-testers, four tails wagged in approval. I have not seen a book like this on the market before, ie one specifically geared towards catering to dogs who might enjoy a night cap or a night out with the girls at the paw-bar, so I was thrilled to find it. Now my dog and I can relax after a stressful day of playing fetch and chasing cars with a nice dog-friendly (obviously non-alcoholic) drink! It is a fun read with a lot of adorable dog photos, and well worth the money to have such an original new way to spoil your dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment